At Trane Technologies™ and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a driven:
based in Soest, Netherlands
In this role you will be responsible for managing the finance activities of Trane Netherlands BV, and will report directly to the Financial Controller of Trane Northern Europe Region (based in the United Kingdom). You will provide advice and counsel to the local team and be a visible leader ensuring the companies policies and procedures are well understood and adhered to locally. You will work closely with the Managing Director and provide business insight and functional guidance to the finance team.
- Partner with Managing Director and local management team to provide strategic and operational guidance in terms of SBU direction. Provide needed financial counsel and support for decision-making and in-depth financial and operational analysis. Identify key business drivers influencing results. Develop action plans to improve performance.
- Provide interpretive, value-added guidance in addition to standard reporting and data compilation required for the operation to achieve its financial objectives. Ensure that proper processes are in place for the accurate forecasting of cost and business planning.
- Responsible for control and management of the P&L and balance sheet. Manage the monthly financial closing and reporting. Coordinate on timely closing, enhance the quality of account reconciliation and relevant statutory issues.
- Ensure that reports and disclosures comply with government regulations, professional standards and organizational policies. Manage and maintain the statutory accounts and the internal and external audits.
- External contacts with banks, insurance companies, auditors, lawyers and tax authorities. Overall site responsibility for maintaining control environment in accordance with existing external regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Internal contacts with various corporate departments and colleagues providing timely and professional responses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling or finance;
- 5+ years’ experience in a multinational industry with solid overall finance function knowledge;
- Balance sheet management and reconciliation experience required;
- Experience with Sox, Oracle R12 and OneStream would be beneficial but not essential;
- Strong cost accounting, commercial, and financial planning background;
- Strong character and good communication;
- Team player who likes to actively support the sales- and operations organization;
- Solid understanding of IT and other business systems;
- Fluencyin English and Dutch is required;
- Ability to drive performance through others and focus on deliverables.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.